We are seeking a Wood Shop Machine Operator to join our team on the 1st shift.
A Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and operating machines for cutting wood & building wood units.
Jahabow is a leading designer and fabricator of commercial-grade retail display cases and millwork/décor. Associates work directly with leading retailers like Sam's Club, Academy, Kohl's, and Walmart to create shopping experiences seen every day. Our company must foster a creative and self-motivated atmosphere to be relevant in today's retail world and is looking for energetic and industrious people to help us build on our decades of success.
Jahabow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Ensures machine function & output is to specifications
- Follows safety guidelines & enforces compliance within the department
- Maintains knowledge of wood-cutting equipment
- Produces QC-approved parts
- Organizes & cleans work area
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience as a Machine Operator
- Required to pass tape measure test
- Ability/understanding of powder coating & staining
- Ability to accurately read & follow measurements
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
- Ability to stay on feet for majority of workday
- Ability to use tools to assemble items
- Ability to direct others
- Familiarity with hand tools, including:
- Table Saw
- Dust Collectors
- Competitive pay
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Short/long-term disability
- Accident care
- Cancer care
- Hospital Indemnity
Every employee is eligible for insurance on the first Monday of the following month.