We are seeking a Saw Operator to join our team on a 1st shift schedule.
The Saw Operator is responsible for several duties at Jahabow, including fabricating both finished parts and parts that complete finished goods, using both saw and hand machining equipment.
Jahabow is a leading designer and fabricator of commercial grade retail display cases and millwork/décor. Associates work directly with leading retailers like Sam’s Club, Academy, Kohl’s, and Wal-Mart to create shopping experiences seen every day. Our company must foster a creative and self-motivated atmosphere to be relevant in today’s retail world and is looking for energetic and industrious people to help us build on our decades of success.
Jahabow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Identify wood thickness, color, pieces, and sheet size needed for a particular woodcut order
- Manually optimize the board and enter the related data into the controller
- Review supporting paperwork to ensure that no mistakes have been made in the planning process
- Apply wood-cut paperwork to the finished product
- Load/offload material onto the saw or pallets
- Are expected to rise through the levels of machining knowledge at a sufficient pace
- Will be evaluated by the supervisor on these issues
- Check for proper sizing and squareness of the panel cuts
- Document types & quantities of stock material relived from inventory daily
- Properly operate, maintain and diagnose problems on the saw
- Wear earplugs and safety glasses or any other safety-related items that are deemed necessary
- Work safely and follow all safety rules and regulations that have been explained to the employee
- Perform duties within the company under special circumstances
- Keep and maintain a clean organized work area
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience as a skilled Saw machine operator
- Ability to translate mechanical documents and engineering designs
- Great attention to detail
- Strong comprehension and analytical abilities
- Good computer and mathematical skills
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- Able to lift 55 pounds (occasionally)
- 25 - 50lbs (consistently)
- Stand up to 10 hours per day as needed
- Hands-on experience with different manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines
Jahabow offers health, dental and vision, term life, short/long term disability, 401k, accident, cancer care, and hospital indemnity.
Every employee is eligible for insurance on the first Monday of the following month.