We are seeking a Prototype Developer to join our team.
The Prototype Developer is responsible for several duties at Jahabow, including working with our engineering team to build and test prototype fixtures and cabinets for customers.
Jahabow is a leading designer and fabricator of commercial grade retail display cases and millwork/décor. Associates work directly with leading retailers like Sam’s Club, Academy, Kohl’s, and Wal-Mart to create shopping experiences seen every day. Our company must foster a creative and self-motivated atmosphere to be relevant in today’s retail world and is looking for energetic and industrious people to help us build on our decades of success.
Jahabow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Build prototypes per specifications
- Redline drawings for changes & corrections
- Assess the challenges and risks of the product
- Verify vendor parts per specification
- Validate instruction sheets
- Present ideas to engineering for alternate construction
- Assists, as required, to transfer information to the manufacturing team
- Install prototypes in the field as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in cabinetry, furniture building, or similar field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read print
- Ability to read measuring equipment. (Tape measure, caliper, etc.)
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Ability to research parts needed for projects
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
- Attention to fit & finish details
- Knowledge of how to cut glass, install lights and outlets, and do other metal work
Jahabow offers health, dental and vision, term life, short/long term disability, 401k, accident, cancer care, and hospital indemnity.
Every employee is eligible for insurance on the first Monday of the following month.