Jahabow Industries is seeking a Machinist to work at our Owensville, MO manufacturing facility. This position is responsible for several duties at Jahabow, including fabricating both finished parts and parts that complete finished goods through the use of both CNC equipment and hand machining equipment. They will interpret drawings and set up machinery to specification to complete parts per spec required.
Jahabow is a leading designer and fabricator of commercial-grade retail display cases as well as millwork/décor. Associates work directly with leading retailers like Sam’s Club, Academy, Kohl’s, and Wal-Mart to create shopping experiences seen every day. Our company must foster a creative and self-motivated atmosphere to be relevant in today’s retail world and is looking for energetic and industrious people to help us build on our decades of success.
Jahabow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Reviews samples, drawings & instructions to understand specifications of output.
- Plans sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job.
- Takes measurements & marks material for cutting or shaping
- Selects appropriate machines (e.g. Bridgeport or CNC) and positions/loads material for the job.
- Complies with safety rules and regulations during the course of duties.
- Monitors machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature, and identify issues
- Checks output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects.
- Keeps records of approved & defective units or final products (accounting for scrapped parts).
- Independently performs basic maintenance on equipment.
- Complies with engine manuals, technical data, and work instructions for all machining operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong comprehension & analytical abilities.
- Good computer & mathematical skills.
- Physical stamina & strength to lift heavy items.
- Hands-on experience with different manual, semi-automated or automated tools, and machines.
- In-depth knowledge of the properties of metal and other materials.
- Mastercam knowledge.
- 1+ years of experience as a CNC machine operator.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals.
- Ability to translate mechanical documents and engineering designs.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, vision, and dental plans
- Short/long-term disability
- Accident Care
- Cancer Care
- Hospital Indemnity
Every employee is eligible for insurance on the first Monday of the following month.