Designs new products and makes improvements to existing products. May evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability. Works with other members of the engineering staff to ensure that production is completed in a timely manner. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works with and reports to the Engineering Manager.
Jahabow is a retail solutions manufacturer. We build the highest quality commercial grade retail display cases as well as millwork/décor. Our retail display cases are ideal for use in many retail channels such as jewelry, luxury, pawn, sporting goods, cannabis, and more.
We are the industry leader in Secure Display Cases with the TDL Series and inventor of the TDL (Theft Deterrent Level) Criteria for loss prevention. Headquartered in Owensville, MO we pride ourselves on the quality of our work and many of our display cases have been in the market for over 20 years.
We work with wood, glass, and metal and carry a variety of standard sizes or can build to your custom specifications. Jahabow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Work with design, marketing and sales teams to create and support products
- Use numerous computer programs to create new products and improve existing products for customers
- Evaluates current products to find improvements
- Turn research ideas into technical plans using CAD/CAE software
- Required/Preferred: Associate Degree in Drafting
- 2-5 Years
- Preferred Qualifications: Experience using SolidWorks, and Master Cam, but not required
- A creative approach for generating new ideas
- An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles
- Ability to translate mechanical documents and engineering designs
- Great attention to detail
- Strong comprehension and analytical abilities
- Good computer and mathematical skills
Jahabow offers health, dental and vision, term life, short/long term disability, 401k, accident, cancer care, and hospital indemnity.
Every employee is eligible for insurance on the first Monday of the following month.