The right display cases can make a major impact on the appearance, and efficiency, of your retail space. For businesses just opening, or maybe considering a remodel, choosing display cases is an important part of the process, but it can also be confusing.
Is there really a difference between one display cases, and which one is the best fit for your business’s needs? We’d like to help you answer these questions with this quick reference guide to choosing the right display cases for your business.
Assessing Your Needs
The first thing you need to do is assess your needs. Look around your retail area and consider how to align your product selection with the available space. The goal is to optimize both.
Keep in mind this doesn’t mean packing in as many display cases as possible. You should also be thinking about the overall aesthetics of the space and the comfort of your customers as they browse. There are a variety of display case styles to help you achieve these goals, such as wall display cases, gondolas, slimline towers and more.
Each type of display case is built to highlight your products within your unique space, which brings us to the next consideration.
What Type of Product Are You Featuring?
If a display case doesn’t work for your type of product, then it isn’t going to work at all, no matter how perfect it looks in your space. Here’s a quick guide to help you choose display cases based on product selection.
- Jewelry and other small items that are attractive to display: A variety of jewelry cases best suited to your space, such as pedestal jewelry cases, hexagonal pedestal cases, flush base hexagonal display cases and jewelry showcases.
- Fashion accessories, such as scarves, handbags or shoes: Full vision display cases, slimline towers and wall display cases. You should also consider whether these items will be secured or on open display.
- Art, small home décor and gift shop type items: Corner display cases, slimline and fineline towers, and countertop displays
- Items on display for customers to peruse in a prominent location: Gondolas and display tables.
- Items with a fast turnover that will need frequent restocking: Wall displays, and other display units with drawers and storage under the display.
While this list doesn’t’ touch every merchandise option, hopefully it helps give you a little insight and inspiration to create an amazing retail space.
The Perfect Finish
Finally, once you’ve decided on the best display cases for your space, the only thing left to do is think about the perfect finish to tie it all together. The right finishing accent is the final touch that’s going to bring it all together.
Finishes come in a variety of options. From the clean, streamlined look of black, grey or neutral almond to elegant and timeless wood finishes of Victorian cherry to bannister oak, there’s a finish that’s going to bring your retail space to life.
Custom Display Cases
Sometimes, the best display case is one that’s been custom designed just for you. We’re here to talk to you about all your options. Contact Jahabow today and let’s talk about pre-built and custom-built options for your retail space.